Wednesday 2 January 2013

Buxton Brewery & The Cliff Inn


Buxton Brewery is one of my favourite British breweries at the moment, I don't think I've ever had a bad pint of it. I see it fairly regularly in London but I went back to Derbyshire for a few days over Christmas and it really is something else when you have it close to it's home... I just had to mention it. I was sitting in pubs where they had beers by Whim, Abbeydale and Thornbridge on tap which all do good beers from but once I'd had a pint of Moor Top, I couldn't move away from it. It has an amazing fresh zingy hoppiness to it which makes it so refreshing and thirst quenching but at the same time it has a right dry tone to it (I love dry tasting beers) which makes it quite moreish...


I had a cracking pint of Spa too from the same brewery which is also worth a mention (as probably all of their beers are) but I wanted to give a specific recommendation of Moor Top just from its taste to strength ratio... for a 3.6 percenter, it punches well above it's weight. One of my favourite british ales... well of course... it's from Derbyshire, the best county in the country. 

You won't get a better pint of this than at the Cliff Inn in Crich. A lovely village pub with a great atmosphere, very well kept beers, cracking bar meals and a smashing pub dog called Reuben.

The Cliff Inn, Crich
and young Reuben


No comments:

Post a Comment